Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Some Decorating

This weekend I was a little bored so I decided to do some decorating. Lots of our decorations are still packed from when we moved and I've been meaning to put them up for a few months now. Hopefully I'll keep going now that I've started. I bought the two paper lanterns in the photo below at Abode in Portsmouth a few weeks ago. It was hard to figure out how to arrange them. I think I like how they look, but they kind of remind me of balloons and I'm not sure how I feel about blocking the window. I think I'll leave them like this for awhile and see how I feel. What do you think?I was making the bed on Saturday and decided that it was time for new sheets, so I immediately walked to the mall and got these:
It's nice to live so close to the mall. :) The sheets are Martha Stewart from Macy's. They don't quite match the yellow blanket we already had, but I think they're close enough. I like how bright they are. I always like things that remind me of summer in winter. Btw, the afghan was made for my by Mom and Grandma (and maybe other people?) when I went to college. I love it, especially how it has my name on it. :) Mom also made the blue flower pillows for me. I finally put up this wall hanging that Sarah brought me from Chile:I love it! Maybe Raf will bring me something similar from Peru (hint hint!). Mom gave me the beautiful plant stand from Abode for my birthday when I lived in Brighton. I think it's so pretty. I finished the little table myself, but, as you can see, it needs a repair. I'll let you know if I decorate more!

4 comments:

JudyBop said...

Nice decorations. Your apartment is looking good. I love how it's so bright and airy. I like the new sheets and the Chinese lanterns.

Sarah said...

The lanterns look nice! I don't think they look like balloons, and your windows are so big, they don't seem like they're blocked. I also like the new sheets.

Rafael said...

wow the decorations and the sheets look great! I´m glad you were able to find something you like =) I got the hint! "brb" ..... I suddendly have the urge to shop.

love
raf

Rina said...

I loved your decoration! looks very nice!
I hope you are fine dear Katie