Sunday, July 27, 2008

Things I (Might) Want

Sometimes I go through phases when I find lots of things I want to buy for the apartment. I usually can't afford all of them so I have to pick and choose and sometimes I choose none, but here are a few items I've had on my mind lately:

Ruffle Edge Cork Board in Parisian blue (left). I think it would be nice in the bedroom above the bed. I don't really need a cork board there, so maybe I could cover it with something like a poster or pretty paper. I wonder if it's like a picture frame and I could switch out the cork board for something else like a mirror. I really love this type of ornate frame and I love the color too.

Recycled Paper Mobiles from Frazier & Wing. I can't decide which color I like or where I would put one. The red and white would be nice in the kitchen or the purple and white would be nice the the bedroom or dressing room. I think they're so pretty. I wonder if I could make something like them!

After a disastrous (okay it wasn't that bad) attempt to match the red chairs in the kitchen I've decided to go for contrast. I can't seem to get these white Bertoia side chairs out of my mind. I know they're very popular, but I just love them. They're expensive so I need to think about buying them carefully, or work harder at finding a good bargain on ebay.

I really want to make these Tissue Paper Pom-Poms. I think they're cool because they're so huge! I want to hang them in the bedroom in front of the bay window with the pink and red paper lantern mom gave me. Once I learn how to make them I think maybe I'll hang some in different colors above the kitchen table. I wonder if I could find some instructions without buying the kit.

2 comments:

Bellgirl said...

I used to make these when I was a kid, I'll see how much I can remember: you fold the tissue (perhaps several layers?) in a concertina style, then tie them in the middle and fluff out the pom-pom. I expect you'd need to trip the ends of the paper first to get a petal effect, we just used to tear them.

Anonymous said...

All the stuff you want is really cool. Are the chairs really that common? I've never seen them before.