Sunday, May 4, 2008

Country Wall

I mentioned earlier that I'm planning on having a city wall and a country wall in the living room. So far, finding pictures for the city wall has been much easier than the country wall, but I did some searching on Etsy this week and found some possibilities.

These sewn pieces are from The Flashbulb. I like how they're cheerful and colorful and the first one reminds me of New England which is so nice.


I like the idea of hanging a sewn piece on the wall, even in a frame. I should really learn to sew better so I can make something like this myself!


I seemed to be attracted to a lot of gocco prints. Gocco, I recently learned, is a form of Japanese print making, but unfortunately, that's all I know about it. I should really do more research. These are from Wonting and I really like them:



I think the last one may be better suited for the city wall. The next few are by Jen Skelley and they're super cute.


It seems like the country wall could end up being a bird wall. I'll have to make sure I have some variety. Here's another little bird I love by Kerry Beary:


I just bought this gocco print for the city wall from Vivienne Strauss for the city wall:

I just love the pink poodles.

Here's one last print (not gocco) that caught my eye. It's by The Black Apple and I think the little houses are so sweet.


Now I'll just have to decide what I want to buy! I still think I need to do more looking around for the country wall. I was hoping to find something (other than photography) that reminds me of New England like pine trees near the beach on the Maine Coast, snow on the White Mountains, wildflowers like lupins, pumpkin patches, or fall foliage. If anyone knows where I can find art prints like that please let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are all really cool! I especially like the sewn ones. Someday when I start decorating again I need you to help me find cool things. You should do a blog about sunglasses - you always have good advice about those.