Sunday, April 20, 2008

Living Room Updates

The living room has needed some attention for a long time now and today I finally started to make some progress. Mom, Sarah, and I had a lovely trip to Ikea and I bought two lamps and curtains. Mom and I made the rest of the curtains in the apartment, but I still like these because they're nice and simple. They will need some alterations because they're super long and the tabs are a little long too. Here's one of the windows:
I had wanted a floor lamp for a long time and I think Ikea is the best place I've found for them because they have cool lampshades and they're inexpensive, of course. Sarah found this lampshade for me:
I like it because it's simple and soft-looking but still has interesting touches. I also got this pretty little flower orb lamp:
It has such a nice glow. Everything made the living room look much different and I'm very excited about it. But with white curtains and white lamps, I really feel like I need to add some color and I think I'll do it with some art prints. My latest idea is to have a "country wall" and a "city wall" on either side of the room. I think it sort of fits my personality. :) I ordered a few prints from Etsy tonight. This one, by an artist named Andrew Daniel, is for the country wall:

This one, by Sweetbabu, is for the city wall:
I think they both look really cheerful and I can't wait until they come. I'll keep you updated on how they look in the living room. Good night!

No comments: