Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New Deal Fish Market

I'm so lucky to live around the corner from the New Deal Fish Market! I had been interested in it since I noticed delicious looking fish in the windows on my walks home from work. Later, I was pleasantly surprised to find out it's Best of Boston, which made it even more interesting. About a month ago I decided to eat only healthy food (well mostly) and I love fish so I finally decided to try it out. Since then I've been shopping there at least twice a week! I've had haddock, cusk, shrimp, salmon, and striped bass so far. Everything has been super fresh and delicious. They have a great variety and when I get more brave I'm going to try as many kinds as possible. They're also really willing to give suggestions and cooking advice, which is great for me since I only just started cooking fish. Aside from fresh seafood, they also have a grocery section of spices, sauces, pastas, and almost anything else that would go with fish.

Tonight Raf and I are having salmon (from the New Deal Fish Market, of course). Here's the before picture:
And after:
Yum!
By the way, have you heard of these snack packs of edamame?
Wacky, but convenient. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the food pictures! they look delicioso!