Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Paper Light Switch Plates

These paper light switch plates were one of my recent decorating projects in the apartment. It really fun, easy, and inexpensive. The paper is from Paper Source. They have so many cool paper patterns it was really hard to choose just a few! I had wanted to make light switch plates out of the paper, and I thought I would just have to glue it on a plain plate, but when we went to the store Mom found these clear plastic kinds. I think they're meant for wall paper, but they were perfect for my project. All we had to do was cut out the paper and snap the whole thing into place on the wall. Here are the plates we did on a few of the light switches/outlets in the apartment:
This is in the office/guest room. I love the pattern. My uncle says he has a tie just like it. It must be a cool tie. I don't know why the switch is missing. It's one of those weird apartment things.

This one is to match the red kitchen. I like how the design isn't centered, but I didn't do it on purpose.

The red kitchen. I might write a whole post about this room later. I think the red outlet plate looks great in here. Mom wants me to do the rest of the switch plates in the kitchen the same way, but I'm still making up my mind. You never know when you're going to find another cool one, and I don't want to run out of places to put them.

We did two in the bedroom. I love how they look, especially since the paper has glitter on it. This room still needs a lot of decorating, but at least these are a start. I messed up a little on the light switch. I hope it's not too noticeable because I don't feel like fixing it! haha.
I like the bedroom because it's so calm and relaxing. I'm going to write about the afghan later too because I love it.

I love the Paper Source paper and I'm trying to think of more ways to use it around the apartment. I'm planning on making picture frames, but I haven't had time to do it yet or find cool black and white pictures to put in them. I think they'd have to be black and white since the paper is so colorful, but I could change my mind. I'm thinking about framing a mirror in it too. I'll let you know when/if I ever do it.

While I was writing this I realized a lamp shade might be cool too.... I wonder how I could do that. If you think of any other ideas let me know!

No comments: