Friday, January 30, 2009

Haida Faces

I think Haida art is super cool. I learned about it in art history classes I took in college. I actually know very little about it. I always wish I could remember everything I learned in those classes. (Link)
The coolest part, I think, is that the images are made up of many animal faces.(Link)
The Haida Native Americans live mostly in the Pacific Northwest.
I think most of these images are by comtemporary artists. Images like these are often carved, sometimes into wooden boxes. (Link)
I always get excited when I see Haida art and I would like to learn more about it.

2 comments:

JudyBop said...

wow - I love these. Very interesting post.

Anonymous said...

hi there, if you want to learn more about haida art email me at dwightruss@hotmail.com. i am a haida from Haida Gwaii and i can give you alot of info.