Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Shabu Ya

Rafael and I went to Shabu Ya in Harvard Square after our dance class tonight. Lovely Katie recommended it and it was super fun! It was really modern and space shipey inside:We tried the sushi. It was beautiful! Don't you love how the little orange fish eggs (I don't know the name) pop in your mouth? The soy sauce tea pot was super cute.Raf never misses an opportunity for a mango smoothie. He loved this one:It really was beautiful and Raf looks so sweet. :) We had shabu shabu (which is Korean) with beef, lamb, and lots of veggies and tofu. It was really delicious, especially the lamb. In case you don't know, shabu shabu is when you get a pot of steaming broth (on a hot plate built into the table... cool!) and raw ingredients which you cook in the broth yourself. There are different flavors of broth. There are also vegetarian options.They gave us some condiments (in the four little boxes) to mix into our sauce. They also brought around a cart of "complimentary veggies." It was so cute. We got some extra watercress and tofu. It was super fun and delicious! So interactive! For dessert we had beautifully presented green tea ice cream: I loooooooooove green tea ice cream! I pretty much love everything green tea flavored, I think. Then Raf played Street Fighter across the street:Totally rad dude!

5 comments:

Rafael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Oh man, you go to such good places. I really want to go to this one! Raf looks so sleepy and happy in that picture from the restaurant.

Rafael said...

I can't believe I lost the game! I used to be so good at it, you took this picture right at the moment I lost! hahaha

I had a great time! it was fun

JudyBop said...

Wow - that looks super fun. What an interesting Tuesday night you had. Like a weekend all rolled into one night.

Katie said...

Yay for Shabu Ya :-) I am so happy you guys liked it, such a fun place I have to try the Shabu menu.