Saturday, January 24, 2009

Immersion Blender

I love my immersion blender! It's great for making things like smoothies, milkshakes, and soup! I'm sure there are other good uses too, I just haven't thought of them yet! Last Sunday it was snowy and boring (again) so I decided to make shakes with the orange sherbert I had from the spooky brunch (I know... kind of old ew). I didn't really add the vodka, but I thought it might be good for a nighttime drink sometime. I don't know why I bother with organic milk when I'm just going to eat cool whip but, oh well. Anyway, the drinks came out beautifully:

Then Raf and I started drinking them. For the first minute or two they were pretty good but then we realized.... we didn't like them that much! haha. So they mostly went down the drain. :( It was still really fun to use the blender and I've used it to make really good drinks before with frozen berries or real ice cream.

P.S. The plant in the picture still has cool whip on it. oops

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha ha, this post is so funny! Did you start writing it before you realized you didn't like the drinks? I like my immersion blender too, I just used it for the first time.

JudyBop said...

Your drinks look beautiful - too bad the taste didn't live up to the look. They especially look nice against the snow in the background. Or is that Cool Whip?