Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Amazing Food

Rafael and I are about to spend a long weekend at Martha's Vineyard, so prepare for lots of posts about that. haha! In the meantime here are some interesting veggies I saw at the farmer's market. These are all cucumbers! I think the little kind are called melon cukes. I didn't try them, have you? Here are some more cucumbers:That long stripy kind is called Armenian cukes! (I know that from the label.) I didn't try these either but they look like the burpless kind. Here are some beautiful tomatoes:Tomatoes are my favorite food. I love heirloom tomatoes but I don't know if they're my favorite. I do think they're the most beautiful.This farmer had a variety of heirlooms. My favorite heirloom tomatoes to eat are the yellow kind. I think they have the best flavor.I also tried the green kind with stripes in the upper left-hand corner of the picture above. They're called Zebra Tomatoes. They tasted a little more tangy than regular tomatoes to me. Here is what I brought home to eat on my new Envirosax bag!
It was a beautiful and delicious meal! Btw, I really like the Envirosax bag. I got it at Abode in Portsmouth, NH. I like to use it as a grocery bag because it's more comfortable to carry than the reusable kind the grocery stores sell. Here is something else amazing that was in the kitchen at work: Have you ever seen such a big box of rice krispie treats?! I was so surprised! Look at how many were inside: I went back 30 minutes later and they were all gone. I think I work in a hungry office. haha. Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Susan said...

What beautiful vegetables!

Sarah said...

Cool pictures. I love all the different tomatoes. I have tried the melon cucumbers. They're good! I like all fresh cucumbers.

JudyBop said...

This is the best time of year - all those beautiful veggies and fruits. I wish it lasted longer.