Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cauliflower Cheese Soup

I'm so excited for Fall to come! It's the best season, especially in New England. I decided to make one of my favorite Fall recipes this week, Cauliflower Cheese Soup, because the weather is becoming more crisp and cool. Mom has been making this soup for a long time and I love it. The recipe is out of Mollie Katzen's super cool Moosewood Cookbook. By the way, if you're ever in Ithaca I recommend the Moosewood Restaurant. The food is delicious! Anyway, here is the before picture (don't worry, not all of this went into the soup):
It's made with really simple ingredients, and it tastes amazing. Here is a during picture (I made a lot of soup, I hope Raf is hungry!):
And after!
You cook all the veggies and then blend them all up and add cheese, milk and dill. And it's ready to eat!
It's super delicious! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good memories =)

i would like to thank the little potatoes and the veggies that contributed to this meal, including the iron chef that made it happen.

delishhh

Sarah said...

Did you use the hand blender for this soup?

Katie said...

No, I didn't, but I did use it for this soup once. I decided to use the regular blender because I like to take out a lot of the water that the vegetables cook in. I just like the soup better thicker.