Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tuttles Red Barn

Since I was little, one of my favorite activities has been grocery shopping. While my absolute favorite grocery store is Wegmans (which I'll write more about the next time I get to go there), I love shopping in interesting stores in the New England area. One of the best is Tuttles Red Barn in my home state of New Hampshire. It is the "America's Oldest Family Farm." It is in Dover, one of the oldest cities in the U.S. I love that it's full of interesting things to look at and buy, many of which are from New Hampshire. It is one of my favorite places to buy plants. They have beautiful outdoor plants, like the giant coleus below, and a big greenhouse which makes it a great place to shop all year!They have a gift section too, but the grocery part is the best! Tomatoes are my favorite food, I don't know why I didn't buy any of these:Delicious! The selection is really great and I never leave without buying something cool. The candy section is really pretty:The store is really nice on the inside: Thank you to Sarah who took the photos for this post! :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay - I like seeing my pictures on your blog! It was really fun going to Tuttle's with you. Maybe next weekend we should buy food from there and make a gourmet meal.